Saturday, November 1, 2008

Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, last night in Virginia

After leaving Nassawadox, last Monday I took with me feelings of friendship and gratitude to all that open their hearts and lives to me during my brief visit, namely Elizabeth, Jerry, Alfredo, Laura, and little Santi. thank you... Alfredo, I'm honored to have offered you fellings of inspiration! Boa sorte, na sua futura excurssão de afeção!!!



I reached to Bridge/Tunnel before noon and because Jarry had already called in to book a ride (since you cannot pedal a bike on the bridge), they were waiting for me and did not charge me the toll. Jim was my driver who gave me the private tour... thanks Jim
















I had aimed to reach North Carolina that afternoon, but had to stop a few miles short of the border, south of Suffolk, VA. I ended up camping on the yard of these senior ladies house, at first they were very skeptical, and soon decided to take a chance on me. Even with today society, it is hard to know who to trust. I am delighted that I can still access humanness by transcending to people the purity of heart, despite the worries of todays society. Thank you Mrs. White, Betty, Mary and Elaine.

No comments: