Friday, November 14, 2008

Into Georgia




North and South Carolinas and Georgia has so far brought to me a lot of mix emotions, I have gone through places that look a lot like the Chapadinha, my birthplace in Brazil. Lots of plantation of pine trees, the red soil and random goats everywhere, it almost seems like they have them for pets.

It is really funny to admit that often times on the road I think about random things, some family member, a friend or a time of my life and I burst out crying like a child, that I am; still; proudly. But I wonder what it would be like to see a cross-continental cyclist gagging with tears as he pedals… I’m just saying this to make it clear, if it is not already, that I do go through some pretty emotional moments on the road, and I appreciate your support, always! thank you!!!






I have never taken a picture of a road kill, however this one as disgusting as it maybe, I turned around to take a shot, because is capture the exact moment of death, I can feel the fear, the anger and the desperation of this animal at moment of his death. We should be ashamed of our selves, cause there are A LOT of dead animals on the the side of the roads. They died, so that we could go faster. I have seen lots of full grown deers, raccoons, dogs, cats, birds, foxes, coyotes, tatu, snakes, porcupine, and many others... Let this dogs expression speak for them all. and be a cautious driver.

No comments: