Sunday, October 26, 2008

Virginia - Day off




Wow Each day that passes I fell more blessed with what life offers me "Ask and you shall receive..."

I had been biking for a good 4.5 hrs this past Saturday, and it was around 3:30pm, I was completing the general quote of 60 miles a day. The sky was getting darker by the minute I had been ridding harder than usual as the storm front from the south had been introduced by very powerful winds, people advised me that it was going to be followed by heavy rain storm, which it did indeed.
I told myself (intented) that I would be ok and would find some shelter within another 7 miles down the road. I continued bike turning off my rational mind, and letting my intuition take over. I then found my perfect match 7 miler down the road, making Making a long detailed story short, they (Jarry and Elizabeth) took me in like their a old friend. They offered me a shower, food, shelter, internet and above all their friendship, what else could I possibly need... Later I decided to stay for the following day as my day off. I went to the early service at their church and made lots of connection, plus hung out for the afternoon with some of their friends, Alfredo, Laura and little Santiago. The gave me tour of the area, ate wild oysters from the area and met their friends from Colombia - Jaime and Liliana.
Jarry also arranged for an interview with the local news paper, so I'll be posting a link to it when it come out...
Take good care everyone, and remember that we can manifest what we think. so think good things :-)

1 comment:

Aitana Guia said...

Way to go Lalo!

We're very impressed with your stories and the people you're meeting along the way. There are such wonderful people around if only one takes the time to talk to them!

Take good care and keep the good riding vibes.

Aitana