Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm going to CUBA!!!

On a routine visit to a marina, the first one I went to in Marathon, I came upon this a couple and their 8 y/o daughter from Quebec, Canada. They will be here for another week or so, doing work on their newly acquired (45 feet) sail boat, to get it sea worthy. After a brief talk with them, they agree to take me on board!!! We are headed to Cuba for a couple of weeks sailing around, then we go to Guatemala. There they will stay a little while to do the finishing work on the boat. Probably where I'll say goodbye and hit the road to Honduras.
Quick Silver by you.
This is "Quick Silver" the one who will take us southbound

When they casually agreed to take me along I did not know how to react, I was so used to "NO" that I was in shock with their reply... I remembered that around 2 months ago I had intended that I was going to travel on a sail boat of a French speaking family, we would go to Cuba then Central America... So I learnt through this experience that, good things come for those who wait...
Bird Boat by you.
An abandoned boat on the Boot Key Harbour

Since I met them I have already returned to offer my help with anything they need and since the are doing mostly specialized work with the electrical and plumbing, they encouraged me so I decided to go visit Key West, for the weekend.
An other gorgeously unique sunset by you.
Thank you Patrick, Melanie and Paciphaée for sharing this adventure with me, it will be amazing for all of us!!!


2 comments:

Becs said...

Have an amazing time in Cuba! I'm following your travels!!

Anonymous said...

Nego,
Só para registrar por aqui a minha alegria e meu orgulho pelas suas conquistas...
nos atualize sempre hein!!!
Bjocasssss grande
Lu