Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 2: Niagara River




I spent the day in zig-zag along the southern shore of lake Ontario on the so called water front trail. Beautiful but winding between shore path and busy streets... I purchased something to help my along the way, a AA battery solar charger, have not used yet but you can go wrong with $15, long live Canadian Tire... hehe
I when for one 30 second dip in the lake just to say I've done it, although for those that know me, know that it does not take my long to get in the water.

After riding for 81km I was just on the bike path beside Niagara River Park Way, I followed a paved path in the forest as in was just a dirt path then and I found my self in this lovely peaceful camp where I met Dan, who began to teach my about the fungi in the area. He welcomed me to camp there stoked the fire and gave me water and a grapefruit. Soon after he had to attend to his pre-arranged commitments. So there I stayed blessed with such beautiful surroundings

I am planning the cross the Queenston Lewiston Bridge to the States and head down towards Rochester, NY tomorrow.

No comments: