Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 3 & 4 - USA

Welcome to the United States of America!


Crossing the bridge into the States was a very scary as I had to ride my bicycle in the middle of the road, between the 3 lanes of going trafic and 2 lanes coming. The officer at the USA side was satisfied in letting me in, after a few dozen questions and surprisingly no inspection of my gear.

Coming into the states, a rush of mixed emotions and pre-conceived ideas come to my mind. I did not really know how to feel. Trying to stay non-bias as I traveled along hwy 31, which has treaded my very well with nice wide bicycle lane shoulder.

At about 4:30pm yesterday I saw a crow landing on a tree and there it stayed poised with presence. I thought to myself "that is an omen", a sign telling me something... That night I ended up sleeping on a farmers field in Albion, NY.


The good part is that I woke up early and was on the road at 8:30, rode through Rochester and arrived here, in Manchester. I'm in this lovely ice cream place, and will camp out in their back yard tonight... finally I found some friendly faces...

tomorrow will be a glorious ride...

No comments: