Thursday, October 23, 2008

Brooklyn - Pine Beach, NJ


So leaving the big city was easier than I hard thought, I had a nice bike ride across the Brooklyn Bridge to Manhattan and went to the Wall Street Pier. There I found out about a ferry across to the Highlands, the small town on New Jersey, straight south of Brooklyn. So there I was in the great ferry and I met Alexis Houston, an RMB singer songwriter, who invited me to her house for a snack and served me fresh tomatoes from her garden, thanks :-)
Than I left and headed southbound right on the shore line, and for the first time on this trip did I feel the Atlantic, the smell on salt in the air a fresh breeze, really soothed my spirit... Some time I was even riding on the board walk. when I started to scout the area for a patch of grass to set up camp, I walked in the local library where I met June that invited me to her home in Pine Beach. So after another 10 miles, I got there and met her Husband, Doug. They took me in like their own son, treated me for dinner and gave a room to sleep in... thank you!
I'm always blessed with great people and great attitude that help me along the way.

1 comment:

Lu Proença said...

Vc está lindo!!! UHUUUUU o Mar.. que coisa boa!!!
Saudades
Bjocas com nariz gelado
Lu