Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Letter of Apology

abstract

This letter goes to Laurie from Downsville, in New York state western Catskill region. Please click here to read the original post and comment.

Dear Laurie,
About 24 hundred miles after I had the pleasure of your acquaintance, Now in Key West as I was browsing older blog posts, I stumble on your comment.

First off, I am so sorry that you felt under appreciated on the blog, after re-reading it, I can see how you did. However, The blog only represents a small percentage of my feelings on the road, the feelings of gratitude and friendship I felt for you after being welcomed so well at Pepacton Natural Foods, were beyond what is in the blog. However I can also add that after all these miles on the road I have really been learning about the power of reciprocation, I notice that my posts now days are much more detailed to thanking those beautiful human who help me along the way. So what I can tell you now is that you are a fundamental part in my journey of human-ness. For this I salute and thank you.

The factual details of how I drank 10 litres of fabulous free coffee and hogged your only internet connection for 3 hours that you had to chase an UPS truck down the street. I'm sorry. I hope that you don't hold yourself back from offering your hand to others because of the experience your had with me. If being on the road has tough me anything is that accessing ones human-ness by offering help, trust and friendship is the best thing we can do to another that goes way beyond physical/factual/minor details, and it has a profound impact on us, consciously or unconsciously.

wishing you all the best,

Lalo

=====================



Come swim with me!

In current news, I decided to order a new quality fork for the bike it should arrive Wednesday by noon. Advance thanks to the professional and friendly service of Patrick and Raymond at Fixed Gears, soon after I'll make my way to Marathon to dedicate time and labour for preparing Quick Silver for the sea... Cuba here we come!!!

Help yourself
Wonderful organic eco-friendly wholesome food joint on Fleming St in Key West

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Lalo!

Nice to meet you (and drink a few bottles of wine) the other night! I want to follow your blog but I can't seem to figure out how to do it....

At any rate, happy travels! Be safe and we'll keep an eye on you via your blog

Sally

PS- Thanks for the great Help Yourself photo :o)