Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Getting ready...

Otarie
Since last friday I had been cycling from Conch Key to Marathon to help prepare the sail boat, for our trip to Cuba then Guatemala. I took Sunday off to say goodbye to my friends at Conch Key and as of Monday, I have been sleeping on a boat. It is called Otarie, she belongs to Patrick and Melanie before they aquired QuickSilver, they one we will cruising on.
Otarie look out
Otarie is a much smaller sail boat and it is really comfy for one or two people. Last night was the first night I have ever spent on a boat. I cooked a couscous dinner, eat it outside looking at the stars. Then later I fell asleep to the full moon light shinning on my face. I Slept like a baby....
View form the Mast
The other day I went up the Mast of Quick Silver to change a light bulb, it was a nice view up there...

I think that I have come upon another passion of my life that had been dormant, as I had never been exposed to it before. Many thoughts of living and travelling on a sail boat with my dear, have come rushing through my mind several times the last 20hrs. I'm super exited for this leg of the journey and have been working hard for it.

Pelican sign
Enjoy the photos and videos on my flickr page (click here)

We are aiming to sail to Cuba this Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Stay tunned!

No comments: