Friday, February 6, 2009

Quick Silver

I have been back in Marathon for a couple of days and have been going to meet my Quebecois friends, to help on the boat, Quick Silver. There is still a lot of work to be done before we can go anywhere, but I figure that the more help, the sooner we'll be sailing away. The plus side is that these extra days will allow us to become familiar with each other before hand, they are really friendly and fun to be with!

I wanted to thank Leroy and Cindie for giving me a ride from Key West to Conch Key on Wed, and Katrina and Bill for their never ending generosity and offering me their beautiful apt at Sunset Villas free of charge for 3 nights. Today I'm moving back next door (where I stayed when I first arrived in Conch Key), at Gerri and Ron's place next door for a couple of nights... Thank you for your friendship and hospitality!
Sunset at Grassy Key
Sunset in Grassy Key, as I was ridding to Conch Key last night
Enjoy the photos and videos on my flickr page (click here)

By the beginning of next week I will be sleeping in Pat and Mel's small boat that is anchored just outside of the Boot Key Harbour. This way I'll see what it is like to sleep on a boat, and be a 30min rowing dingy ride away from the Quick Silver (instead of an hour ride by bike).

Paul
Today on my ride to Marathon, I met Paul on the road, he has been bicycling zigzags across US and Canada for a couple of years. He is 64 years old and very friendly, hauling his bike trailer everywhere he goes. It was a pleasure to meet you Paul, Happy trails!!!

sail boat...
Just after sunset in Key West

No comments: