Friday, June 19, 2009

My first flat tire & Tugucigalpa

Since I left Lago de Yojoa on Monday, I have been going up and down montains and thus taking it easy other wise. I stopped at this beautiful sugar cane farm, ¨La Molienda¨. I drank some juice and since it was already near 4pm I asked if I could camp the night. The owner Amir was very friendly and hospitable.

Moinho
Old school way of squeezing juice from the cane

That day I got my first flat tire since I left Toronto! 5400km/3400mi on the same tire and tubes! thanks to Chris at VeloTech for choosing the best tires in the world!

Tomas and his buddy
Tomas and his donkey

The morning came and I began to get ready and repair the flat as well as clean the chain etc... Till Amir invited me to stay another day (to chill, do maintenace, read and sleep), which I did.


The next two days I hit the road at 7 sharp, up and down mointains (1507m was the highest point) and arrived at Comayagua - stopping only for some marvelous traditional food - and then Tegucigalpa yesterday, I search and found a cheap but nice little hotel to stay ($7 a night) I decided to stay two nights, as I'm hopefull that I'll find a new pair of keen sandals (mine got stolen at Lago de Yojoa) at the malls here, this would definatly be worth an extra day in the big city! Wish me luck!!

Mango road stand
Mango Road Stand

Tegucigalpa
Bike ride in Tegucigalpa

Enjoy all the photos and videos on my flickr page (click here)

No comments: