Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hunduras - week #1

I left Andy's home in a hurry, as all of a suden I felt it was time to hit the road, and so I did. I biked on a dirt road for about an hour just before sunset and got to an previouslly recommended spot, called Marabella Beach. This is what most people view as paradise, white sand and lots of palm trees. I camped only a few steps from the water. what a night that was stargazing in the tent... A great way to start the new phase!


camping in paradise
Camping in Paradise

I woke up naturally before dawn and ready to go at 5:40 and rode for about a hour to the ferry terminal to La Ceiba. After coming to terms that Ihad to be away from my bike for the 1 1/2 hour ride, It all went smoothly arriving on the main land, I met these Americans x-Cubans one of whom was called Eduardo, he showed me this device, it is called SPOT Sattalite Personal Tracker (http://www.findmespot.com/)... It can be used in emergency, if something happens, I can send a 911 signal and they will send a rescue to that spot - that would be updated every 10 minutes in case I'm on the move...

I wanted to ask your opinion. If you think it is something worth getting, it would cost around 150USD plus 150USD year membership fee. Who wants to sponsor me? Speaking of sponsorship, I decided I need a manager/sponsorship coordinator... Somebody who can be my official voice for seeking media, money and equipment sponsors. Send me an email if you areinterestid. infinitycycle@rogers.com

River break at noon
River break at noon

To continue my first few day ride in Central America, I have been meeting great people, who have been most generous and hopitable to me, I've been camping at peoples houses and even took a day rest in order to go vist this beautiful water fall. Then yesterday I hit the road toward the montains and climbed 655 meter above sea level in a few hours... what a climb that was. To think that this is just warming up for the Andes boggles my mind...

jumping off the cliff

I will stay here at these montains for a week and then move on towards Tegucigalpa and Nicaragua on the 15th of June... Stay tunned!



Enjoy the photos and videos on my flickr page (click here)


2 comments:

Kristy said...

Lalo, It was truly a pleasure to meet you at Lago Yagoa in Honduras. I wish you the best of luck on your "infinity cycle" tour of the Americas and please contact us (Colleen and I) if you are ever near Wisconsin. It would be great to see you/talk with you again!!
Sincerely,
Kristy

Unknown said...

Linda viagem de um lindo viajante com muitos encontros para celebrar... vivendo os sonhos e tornando-os reais... keep posting.

I would love reading more from you... beijos,

Namaste

Alessandra