Friday, April 22, 2011

What is a Hitch-Biker?

East view

My time here at The Flying Disc Ranch is coming to an end and even though the mud house is still not complete (see most recent slide show of the site), it is time to set sail from here. Where to? I need to get to northern New Mexico in 3 weeks (May 16th). I will be going via Las Vegas, as I have a long overdue visit to a friend (Ekenah), and will get to go to see him perform in Cirque de Solei. From there to the Lama Foundation the route is still not clear, except that I would like to see some contacts in Durango and Crestone CO.

IMGP0839
Travel me, on the road of life

The journey ahead (around 750m/1200km) is adopting a new kind of thinking in terms of trasportation. I have done some experimenting and now have been coming to terms with this new concept of travel that depending on some factors can easily double the distance traveled in one day... I call it Hitch-Biking... "Imagine yourself biking down the road at any given point you glace back and see a pick-up truck coming down the road. With in a split second you might decide to stick your left arm out with the thumb pointing up. Chances are, they will pass you with out the blink of an eye, however, it might strike them as intriguing and interesting to pick up a hitch-biker. They would at lease be up for some interesting conversations... Once stopped you will spend a few instances getting the bike on the back, but soon after you'll be back on the road resting, catching up on your miles and making new friends. this way if you don't get any rides you can still enjoy the road and don't waste time waiting for a ride... It come to you!"

Ranchita, CA
Here is my first hitch-biking ride in Ranchita, California

This is it for me... Will keep in touch as the road reveals its contour to me...

- one love

No comments: