Friday, April 29, 2011

Vegas experience:

My time in Vegas has been certainly very different from most tourist that come here. I stayed at my friends home, he is a performer in Love by Cirque de Solei, and of course most his friends are performers too; quite an interesting crowd. I have taken a couple of hike down at the Red Rock National Park and have seen several shows, Love and Mistere by Cirque and another production called Absinthe. All of these were amazing and sometime really funny.

Ekenah & I - back stage of Love
Ekenah and I back stage of Love

On Tuesday evening, a most unexpected pain on my teeth started to attack and after a sleepless night I decide to seek help. After making after several phone calls I got an appointment at a friend's dentist who diagnosed me needing a root canal on a pre-molar. the following two days were a roller coster of thought mixed with emotions accompanied by pain. There was an idea of going to Brazil in order to cut expenses, but after a day o research, making phone calls and other stuff I figured that it would end up costing the same amount to do it here. Plus the amount of pollution of a flight and haslle of travel would not make up the short two weeks in the motherland.

Red Rock, NV
Red Rock National Park

As soon as I made the decision to stay I received great support and help from everyone around me, namely Ekenah, Maricau, Randy, Peter, Gene, Felipe. Thank you... into the evening Randy put me in touch with an old friend of his that is a dentist; Brett he fit me into his busy schedule and gave me a great discounted price. This morning I find myself refreshed and ready for the journey to come... Thanks to everyone who gave me support in anyway during these days here is Vegas...

Red Rock
Resting on a fallen tree


Now with a sligthly shorter time-line it is of greater possibility that I will end up trying to hicth-bike most of the way to the Lama Foundation...

stay tuned...

Enjoy the photos and videos on my flickr page (click here)

No comments: