Sunday, March 13, 2011

Work & Play in the Desert

Joshua Tree and me

It has been almost one month that I have been living and working here at The Flying Disc Ranch. I decided to stick around because we are building a house of natural construction material (mud, sand and straw) we will use different techniques and explore them in different parts of the house. For now we are building the self-sustaining roof structure.

building project

We have been working about 50 hours a week and take Sundays off, go somewhere nice... We visited the Dos Palmas Oasis and The Joshua Tree, both were really incredible places.

Joshua Tree
Joshua Tree

from up high
Eric and I, up high on a rock

Explores
Dos Palmas Oasis

Dos Palmas Oasis
Dos Palmas Oasis


Oasis Video

I'm waiting till April to find out if I get accepted to do a 14 week, Permaculture Internship at the Lama Fondation in New Mexico. It would be an spectacular experience!

Enjoy the photos and videos on my flickr page (click here)

2 comments:

Christina said...

I thought we were the ones in the oasis when we visited the ranch on Saturday. Many thanks to you and Eric for taking so much time to show us around.

Your day off looks like it was a great day.

Fingers crossed for your acceptance to Lama!

Lalo Porto said...

hey Christina,
we had a good time showing you and your friend around... and yes I did get accepted to Lama, to start May 16th. I'm so exited!!!