Sunday, January 23, 2011

Goodbye to the Veteran Tire

Today was officially a day off here at the date farm, and besides assembling a bunch of new drip irrigation end-pieces to be installed tomorrow, I got to spend a few hours of quality time with my bike...

I cleaned the gear system and replaced the original tire that came with the bike when I first got it in Sept '08. That tire rode more than 6200km/3800miles with out a single flat... I had in my mind that I should not replace it until I got a flat. But I got influenced by the thought that by changing it now I could be avoiding a future troublesome situation on the road.

Senior and Junior
Veteran beside Freshman

My plans are becoming more concrete about going to LA this week and then riding to San Diego by the following week and around the 6th riding back here to the Flying Disc Ranch to do some more work before going further east to Arizona and New Mexico. Stay tuned...

Up on the date palm de-thorning
Pedro de-thorning the palms for the next season...


Enjoy the photos and videos on my flickr page (click here)

No comments: