Saturday, March 7, 2009

Boot Key Harbour

This is probably the last post in the US. We will become “waterborne” (airborne) tomorrow morning, when we depart from Peter’s dock. Since the winds are not favourable for us these days, we will likely through anchor for a night or two just out side of Boot Key Harbour, in Marathon. During the past few days there has been lots of progress as we managed to get most essentials good to go, like the generator, propane stove, and VHF radio antenna amongst others.

Happy Family
Happy family of sailors and world-citizens
Enjoy the photos and videos on my flickr page (click here)

This past Month, I have came to learn a lot about the boating life. Tonight as I was hanging out in the galley (kitchen), trying to keep up with my thoughts and emotions that were super fast, as I tried to imagine life in that boat on the deep blue sea, and the daily living with this wonderful family. I super psyched about this phase of the journey.

Airborne Pelican
Pelican taking flight!

Iguana on a boat?
Iguana on a Boat!
Enjoy the photos and videos on my flickr page (click here)

Elaborating on how amazingly grateful I am to be involved in such an opportunity. For over 2 months, I had held the belief that I was going to find I boat who would take me to Cuba and Central America, and specifically that they would be a francophone family, although I got disillusioned time again, and started to expand my possibilities. The day that I met Pat, Mê, and Paciphaée, I did not know how to react to their casual acceptance of my proposal. A month later seeing and working with them everyday has been very gratifying and we seam to be enjoying each others company.

Boot Key Harbour
Silhouette of Boot Key Harbour
Enjoy the photos and videos on my flickr page (click here)

I hope that the next post will be from Cuba!!! Stay tuned!!!

No comments: