Friday, December 19, 2008

"Good things come to those who wait"

Seagull Photo Session

The past weeks, I have enjoyed making new friendships, cycling around Miami and attending the beach regularly. I even got a chance to visit a great-cousin, in West Palm Beach. It was wonderful to visit family that I had not had the chance to get to know previously. She is great and has some beautiful paintings that my mother painted back in the late 70's. I had lots of memories from my childhood.

Original Oil PaintingsOriginal Oil Paintings

The Ocean has given me great guidance. It helped me to see that I need a lot of patience at this point of the journey, as I depend on others to move forward. I have gone to numerous ports and marinas without any luck thus far. One of my numerous spiritual walkabouts to the beach, it became clear to me that I have to broaden my intentions. I should not limit myself to Cuba, as a result I am now open toby passing Cuba, and go island hopping as long as I reach the continent sooner of later somewhere around Honduras.

Atlantic Sunrise

I have joined FindaCrew.net, a site dedicated to linking boat owners with whillinng crew member, and I'm hopeful that I'll find my ride from there. They say that good things come to those who wait, well here I am! If this works, the though of sailing around these tropical islands for a while, is exhilarating, and I think would be a wonderful break from the bike life on the road... Sailing has actually been a desire of mine, but always very far from my reach, so I might be realizing a childhood dream.

Sail Away

Only as a last resort I would consider travelling back north to Tampa Bay to Catch the ferry to Cancun, But I do not want to go north for a long while...
If you have some time and would like to help me for your intentions, you can sit in silence for a little, then think about Louis and Julie who are Sailing their catamaran near the Bahamas and ask them to please accept me as one of their crew members, on the way to Honduras!

Rays of Sunlight

Happy Holidays greetings to all!!!

No comments: