Thursday, December 16, 2010

Summary of 1.5 years

It has been a great while since my last post. Much has happened, in physical, mental and emotional realms. I´ll try to make an effective but short summary of the highlights, so that I can start writing again, fresh...

Something I did not mention in my last post was the fact that Honduras had the military coupe in Tegucigalpa only 35 hours after my arrival in Toronto in late June 2009. I was shocked to see how important it is to listen and follow our intuitive process everytime it comes. What could have happened to me had I stayed down there we will never know, though I´m glad I was not there to find out. With this major event as the reason for the unexpected end, I was able to put the Infinity Cycle project in the archive and cherish it for what it was (and not to crave for what it could have been). The life lessons I learned from it are still very valuable on my day to day and beyond.

The 2 months I stayed in Toronto, Canada (July and August 2009) felt very much like a pitstop, in the middle of two trips. I was never really able to fully absorb, as there were plans being plotted in back stage of my mind. Also the fact that the dicission to return home was so abrupt that no one new how to react to me. I include myself in this statement.

Back home, dazed and confused
Dazed and confused in Toronto, Summer 2009

Since that summer I have lived many enriching, difficult and life changing situations. I lived in Brazil for six months (Sept 2009 to March 2010). Three of them in São Paulo, in this time many experiences and emotions revealed themselves to me as I took percussion lesson with Eder "O" Rocha, and biked around the street of Sao Paulo. Unfortunately I started taking steps backwards in my relationship with Luiza, eventually leading up to a conclusion of being apart. As hard as it was for both of us, I think It was the best choice on the long run.
In the begging of this year I had the pleasure of being in Recife and Olinda during the 2010 carnival. It was truly an experience of a life time. Unfortunately my camera got stolen and I lost all of my photo/videos of the trip... Such as life, sometime you win sometime you lose. The picture bellow was taken by my friend Ian.

Maciel Salu

Climbing the SugarLoaf - RJ
here I was climbing the sugar loaf in Rio de Janeiro

After my return to Toronto in March 2010, where I resided until the end of October 2010, I was living and working on some renovations as well as playing music. Through out the summer some new possibilities started being revealed to me. My mother, Heloisa, talked about doing a Permaculture Design Certification (PDC) course in San Francisco, CA. The idea started developing in my mind and I saw a great opportunity to go on another trip on the pacific coast.

Golden Gate Bridge
Under the Golden Gate Bridge. San Francisco, CA

I'm now on the west coast and will start blogging with more frequency about my experiences on the road and in my heart...
Stay Tuned...

No comments: